Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's just before noon on a Sunday, the Sunday I was supposed to find a way toward Rockford IL to see and hear a perfect stranger sing the Christmas song my Mom wrote many years ago. I didn't make it, and while feeling a sense of guilt, I tried to rationalize my absence with the busy week I just wrapped up, and the busy week ahead. Trying to relax and get well from a flu that's been hanging on for a week now, I started up my computer to work on Angel Cake, and my new blog, Ethereal (see more below).

Shortly into working on Ethereal, I stepped away, but the music continued to play. And a song, which plays now as you read (I Am by Nicole Nordman), randomly came on. It's a song that reminds me very much of you, Mom. One that Ginger played for the family on your birthday in your honor. She asked us all to find a song that depicts or pays tribute to you. This is the song she chose. And it is so appropriate for our Mother.

Feeling even more guilt, now, I grabbed my phone to text my Mom and tell her how sorry I was that I wasn't there. I have the iPhone, and if you have one, you know the texts back and forth are saved on the hard drive all the way back to the very first text, so I can read all past conversations with any one individual in one page. Additionally, when I create a new text, the latest text between the person I am texting and myself displays right above the window for the new text. In this case, when I chose Sharon (Mom), the last text that appeared was€€ a text from her to me with two simple words, "I AM." It was in response to my request for prayer about a bad week I was having at work. So by now, you've probably listened to the words of the song "I Am" that make this post so worthy of writing about. It's too coincidental.

Another thing you know about (or maybe you don't) if you have an iPhone, is that you can take a picture of any screenshot on your phone. I've attached the screenshot for the viewer to share.

She's MOM, which spelled up-side-down makes WOW!

I love her.

She is!
And here's more about the new blog. Ever since we were young, my sister and I have loved to create. From drawing to coloring, to imagining and playing house. From changing our room around once a week to see what arrangement could look better than the last, to changing our parents' living room around...

After high school, our creative paths took different routes. Jorjah-B went into graphic design, and Angel Cake found a creative outlet through photography. Since then, it seems our paths have merged again. With both having a love for interior design, photography, and all things creative, we've recently begun to brainstorm about how we can use our "wonder-twin-power" to create as a team. Recently we cooperatively came up with the idea of a team photography blog of dreamy shots--all images ethereal.


There you will see our work, and the works of guests we think are dreamy.

This all became a product of ideas in the making, and a weekend of fun and picture taking. For the banner, we searched and searched for the perfect photo. I was searching for a mysterious picture of a bike that I'd taken a couple of years back (took the picture, not the bike). I couldn't find it, which was a blessing because we found a better shot--one I'd taken just days before moving out of my Hyde Park top floor vintage apartment that I loved. It depicts my love for decor and for photography. And we think it's rather delicate.

The first two shots were taken this weekend...by us. The first was taken by me at a coffee shoppe called Lovely. A delicate cafe with delicious treats. The second was taken the night before by Jorjah-B, of me, after the opera, in my condo. Very vaporous. You'll just have to go and see. And keep checking back. We'll be there daily (hopefully).